Don’t you love the fresh new beginnings that come with the start of a new year? I love all the inspiration that comes from the opportunity of having a new beginning.
Speaking of new beginnings, this is new for me to be writing blog-like posts to share with all the people who have helped me build my passion into a business. A huge thank you to you all for your continued support and loyalty. I couldn’t have done it without you.
As I am sure you have all guessed by now, I am crazy about anything health and wellness related. I have worked hard to create a lifestyle for my little family that focuses on preserving our health. I feel so blessed for the health we have.
Today, I am going to share 5 little things that have been key to making my health journey manageable through the business of mommy hood, starting a business, and just life in general. I would love to hear what all your secrets are when it comes to maintaining a healthy lifestyle with the everyday challenges.
KEEP IT SIMPLE and DON’T CHANGE EVERYTHING AT THE SAME TIME
- DRINK MORE WATER…Start every day with a glass of lemon water.
- GET REAL…Is foodify a word? I think it should be, because I have spent years doing just that. Here is what is means to me. Swapping out unhealthy ingredients in
recipes for real food. For example, instead of sugar, I use honey maple syrup or dates. This makes a nutritious end result. Check out the ‘recipe of the week’ in our home below.
- HEATHY SNACKING… I love to replace snacks with a glass of kombucha. I love how this energizes and hydrates me, with very minimal calorie intake. Of course, nuts, berries, cucumbers, and carrot sticks are great if you need something to nibble on.
- EXERCISE…Go outside, walk, and get some fresh air every day. Our latest family favourite is to hike at least twice per month. We try to pick a different trail each time, making sure it is 5-7 year-old friendly.
- THINK POSITIVE…Think about the things you want and can have, instead what you don’t want and shouldn’t have.
Vegan Sour Cream
Replace dairy sour cream with this healthy option.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients into your blender (I used my Vitamix)
- Blend on high for 5-7 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed, until very smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a mason jar or other airtight container.
YOU GOT THIS… ALL THE BEST IN 2018